Sunday, June 4, 2017

The Wonder Woman Within





Do you enjoy being "called out?" I have a sweet sister in Christ, who has a way of calling me out. We once sat in her car, as I lamented that I was stuck in a job I hated. My biggest excuse was that I had not yet secured my teaching certification in Georgia because the reciprocity from California wasn't as easy as I was led to believe. But Nancy didn't see it that way. She had listened to me tell her in great detail about how much I'd been helping another friend with his life and dreams, and yet I hadn't even finalized my Georgia certification. I took what she said as a challenge, but it would be nearly a year before I would own it, through my experience with The Journey Training.

Once I owned this behavior and other codependent tendencies, I was stronger, freer, and more ME than I'd ever been. But I had to be the one to own it!

There's a story about a chicken taco. I was promised a chicken taco recipe, but had to remind the recipe holder for months to get me the recipe. This coined a new phrase. Calling "chicken taco" was me holding him accountable. Later, after a day of rocking a power pole and high ropes course, this friend came to call me Chicken Taco Wonder Woman. As someone who receives love strongly through words of affirmation, this name gave me a boost in my step. I started feeling like a superhero.

After seeing the new Wonder Woman movie (go see it!), I felt energized. I also joked with a friend who lent me her Wonder Woman costume that she forgot to give me the golden lasso. She answered, "I can't give all my secrets away!" How true. I had to find it for myself.

I recently made a really hard decision to let go of something. I was praised for this because it was a sign that I knew I could do without this thing. I am after all, WONDER WOMAN!

What superpower is within you? Are you ready to show your true identity? What's holding you back? Dig deep and find the superhero within!

No comments:

Post a Comment